one of the most recognizable intersections
in the world, the Hollywood Equitable Building was built in two
phases in 1929 and 1930. Over the years, the building withstood
numerous "renovations, modernizations, and tenant improvements"
so little original historic fabric remains on the interior or below
the second floor on the exterior.
working with the Owner, Gilmore Associates, implemented a full upgrade
of the building to provide state of the art office suites within
the historic envelope. Remaining historic suites and bathrooms were
restored, and the lobby
returned to its original location and character.
most importantly for the National Register Historic District, the
original entry and ground floor facades
were recreated and commercial activity will be restored to the ground
floor. While some original drawings are available of the original
facade details, substantial research was conducted into photo documentation
as a basis for reconstructing the facade.