Historic:

Before Rehab:

In Process :



Lankershim Southern Pacific Depot and Park
North Hollywood, California

Located in North Hollywood Arts District, this oldest extant, circa 1896, unmodified railroad structure in the San Fernando Valley holds a history in the beginning as a packing plant/cannery until its Pacific Red Car use through 1952. Through a series of community meetings, the Design Team, including Projects for Public Spaces, Melendrez Design Partners and M2A Architects, developed an adaptive reuse project that would restore this one-story National Register eligible building.

Scope of work applies to the restoration of the historic structure and the improvement of the adjacent site, in conformance with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation and the California Historical Building Code. The project consists of the rehabilitation of the railroad station structure to its historic context for appropriate reuse as a community and transit rider destination. Also, development of a plaza/park adjacent to the station building at the corner of Lankershim and Chandler Boulevards along with general landscaping, and stabilization and rehabilitation of railroad tracks adjacent to the building for future placement and display of railroad equipment. abc